Garavelas Medical Group IOLIFE IASO Assisted Reproduction Clinic is located in Athens and specializes in helping patients with fertility problems from abroad.
We have an extremely efficient egg donation program with pregnancy rates of more than 80%. The donors are screened extensively for genetic abnormalities and various infections. We allocate at least 7-8 eggs per recipient and after the embryo transfer any spare embryos are frozen and belong to the recipient. They can thus be used at a later stage in case of an unsuccessful result or following a birth for genetic siblings. Waiting time is only a few weeks.
Egg donation in Greece is based on the existing legal framework (Law 3305 | 01/2005). By now it has been clear to everyone that we are talking about a scientific medical method, which makes the couples’ hitherto impossible dreams come true.
Egg donation is the method we use to offer them this opportunity, as the mother may take the egg from the donor, but she is pregnant with the foetus herself, which grows, eats and breathes through her.
The donor’s reproductive ability is not affected at all by the whole process of egg donation.
Choosing the donor
According to the legal framework (Law 3305 | 01/2005) the donor must:
- be less than 35 years’ old
- have a normal medical history
- have normal physical tests results
Moreover, a donor undergoes a series of tests such as:
- Ultrasound examination to exclude gynaecological pathological situations (fibroids, cysts, polyps, etc.)
- Control of chromosomes to exclude chromosomal abnormalities (karyotyping)
- Screening for cystic fibrosis
- Screening for hepatitis, HIV, syphilis, Rh group
If it is confirmed that she is an appropriate donor, we move to the phase of the pharmaceutical controlled ovarian stimulation, like in a natural IVF cycle, to produce sufficient numbers of ova. The day of the scheduled eggs retrieval from the donor, the male partner gives the semen sample in the laboratory.
Subsequently, the fertilization of the eggs with the sperm of the male partner takes place inside the lab. The next day we know how many eggs have been fertilized, after 3-5 days the embryo transfer occurs, while the rest of the embryos are cryopreserved. At the same time medicines are administered to support the implant.
About ten days after the egg retrieval, we examine the b-HCG to determine if pregnancy has been achieved.
Egg donation is an established scientific process, with more and more supporters and with excellent results at international level.
Our Clinic Advantages
- Brand new clinic with cutting-edge technologies oriented exclusively to foreign patients
- Doctor and embryologist with international experience and skills use the most modern technology.
- 80% positive B-HCG with the first attempt
- Fluent Italian and English physician and embryologist with international experience and competences use the most modern technology.
Stay in Athens for only 1 day
- Customized therapeutic planes tailored to your needs.
- Unbeatable guarantees, including the minimum of 7 mature healthy oocytes and 2 embryos ready for transfer.
- Our database consists of young, extensively analysed and healthy donors, compatible with your characteristics.
- We can search donors and donors in our database to find a best choice for you within 24 hours of your request.
- The donors are not shared. The donor is exclusive.
The price includes
- Monitoring and consultations with doctors
- Selection of donors, analysis of donors, their compensation and drugs
- Ultrasound during the treatment
- Fertilization with the ICSI method
- Prolonged embryo culture up to the blastocyst stage
- Vitrification (high speed freezing)
- Freezing of the seminal fluid
- Any decongelations and transfers after the first, for cryopreserved embryos – by attempt
- Selection of the donor compatible with the recipient according to your requirements (height, weight, eye colour, hair colour, blood type).
- We guarantee 10 mature oocytes and two healthy embryos for the transfer in the case of normozoospermia without serious diseases.
- In case the donor does not produce enough oocytes, we will give you a new treatment with a new donor without any additional cost
- Everything can be performed at our clinic at any time, mandatory exams
- We advise you to undergo all these tests recommended in your country.
- We can provide all the analyses here in Greece and it will take a couple of days to complete them. Please pay the deposit in advance by bank transfer / cash at the time you confirm the treatment (the deposit covers the cost of drugs for the stimulation of the donor). The remaining amount must be paid the date of the embryo transfer (we accept cash, credit cards, or bank transfer).
Percentages of Success Thanks to our cutting-edge technologies we achieve success rate of 80% for egg donation