In Natural Modified IVF, medication is given for around 3-4 days to block spontaneous ovulation and to support a naturally selected follicle.
We recommend this for women with a low ovarian reserve, but if you would like to learn more about whether this could be the best option for you, then your clinician will discuss this in more detail at your Initial Consultation and Scan.
- Improved success rate compared with Natural Cycle IVF and retains many of the benefits
- Higher egg and embryo quality compared with conventional IVF
- Greatly reduced risks and side effects
- Reduced risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- More affordable treatment costs
Who is it for?
- Women with low AMH or low egg reserve
- Women who have had previous failure of implantation with conventional IVF
- For those who have a strong family history of breast, ovarian and other oestrogen dependant cancers
- Opportunity for some women to have a child with their own eggs rather than donor eggs