In Mild IVF, lower doses of hormones are given for a short period (around 5-9 days) in a woman’s own natural cycle with an aim to achieve a “mild response” from the ovaries.
It is aimed at “quality and not quantity” of eggs and embryos. The total dose and duration of stimulation aims to be lower than in a conventional IVF cycle. In your Initial Consultation and Scan, your clinician will discuss in more detail whether Mild IVF is the right treatment option for you.
- Excellent success rates
- Fewer side effects and risks
- Higher egg and embryo quality compared with conventional IVF
- Better for implantation
- Reduced risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- More affordable treatment costs
Who is it for?
- Women with a normal egg reserve
- Those that are having treatment due to a male factor
- Women with PCO/PCOS
- Women that want to take a lower amount of drugs
- Those who wish to reduce the physical and psychological burden associated with conventional IVF